Chocolate and peanut butter is so classic, you just cannot go wrong with it. Ever! I actually was not too familiar with it growing up in Japan. We love chocolate and we like peanut butter but the two mixed together was not that common. My husband who adores or used to adore Reese’s peanut butter cups is the one who introduced me to it way back when I was a vegetarian. Ever since then, I have been a convert. I wanted to enjoy the flavors in a morning smoothie so I went to work testing and that is how this recipe was created. I mean, who doesn’t want to start their day or snack on a freshly made, tasty, chocolate peanut butter smoothie?
To make this yummy smoothie, all you have to do is blend everything up in a blender. Once the smoothie is ready, pour it into a glass and top it with a drizzle of peanut butter and chopped roasted peanuts. Wow, I need to drop everything and focus on drinking this up. Enjoy!
- 1 frozen banana
- 3 dates
- 2 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup water or your choice of plant-based milk
- A pinch of salt
- Blend all of the ingredients in the blender until smooth.
- If you want to make your smoothie look like the picture, smear some peanut butter on the inside walls of the glass before pouring the smoothie in. Top it with a drizzle of peanut butter and chopped roasted peanuts.