I love chai everything. Chai lattes and chai flavored anything. I usually keep a jar of my chai spice mix in the spice cupboard, so I can create new chai flavored creations anytime. I’m happy to add another chai flavored recipe to my catalog today, my raw vegan chai avocado pudding. This one will make a great addition to my avocado pudding repertoire, my chocolate avocado pudding, Mexican chocolate avocado pudding, chocolate orange pudding, and matcha green tea avocado pudding. Can you tell I love avocado puddings? They are super easy to make, and the best of all, loaded with anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber from the avocados, dates, and almond milk. A dollop of coconut whipped cream makes this pudding top notch! It’s a perfect fall/winter dessert with the warming chai spices.
Time to make some chai avo pudding! First things first, we can’t do anything chai without the chai spice. I shared how to make your own chai spice mix in the raw vegan chai tea recipe previously so check it out here. If you love chai, I strongly recommend having it stocked in your spice cupboard. It’s super easy to whip up, and you can enjoy some fresh made chai tea anytime!
Once you have your chai spice ready, time to blend everything up in the food processor. Add in all the ingredients for the pudding, and blend until smooth.
Stop the food processor in between a few times to scrape down the sides with a spatula to get it evenly blended and smooth.
Transfer it into a bowl or glass of your choice, and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. You can eat it straight away if you can’t wait for it to refrigerate, but chilling it will make it taste even better and give it a thick pudding like texture.
When you’re ready to serve, top it with a generous dollop of coconut whipped cream and dust it with some pumpkin spice. How good does these look? I’m going in!
- ½ Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon clove
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 fully ripe and soft avocado
- ¾ cup Medjool dates
- 1 Tablespoon chai spice
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon + 1½ teaspoons non-alcohol vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- *Maple syrup to taste
- Some coconut whipped cream
- A dusting of pumpkin spice
- Put all the spices into a coffee grinder or a blender, and grind it fine.
- Transfer the chai spice into an air-tight container. Store it in a cool place away from sunlight, and it will last for months.
- If your dates are firm, soak them in water until they become soft for about 1 hour.
- Add all the ingredients into the food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer into ramekins or glass of your choice. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Top with a generous dollop of coconut whipped cream and lightly dust some pumpkin spice.
*The sweetness of your pudding can be affected by the sweetness of your dates you are using also. After blending the pudding in the food processor, taste test to check the level of sweetness. Add some maple syrup if necessary.
You can eat it straight away without refrigeration, if you'd like.