Chia puddings are the breakfast of champions. Literally. If you start the your day with it, you are golden. It’s one of my favorite breakfast, and it’s why I have so many recipe variations on my blog. Like my, basic chia pudding, chocolate hazelnut chia pudding, pumpkin chia pudding, and black sesame chia pudding. My love for chia pudding is obvious, and I proudly add another one to the mix. It is a raw vegan strawberry chia pudding. The creamy strawberry goodness is oh so good, a must try for sure.
These puddings are easy to make because chia gels when you mix it with liquid. So all you have to do is mix it with nut milk or seed milk and let it sit overnight in the fridge. We’ll add strawberries to the mix to make it strawberry flavored. Chia seeds are rich in fiber, Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, iron, magnesium, calcium, protein, and anti-oxidants. It also keeps you satiated for a long time. Perfect for a busy morning, or the 3pm snack when your energy’s low.
To make, start by soaking the cashews for the cashew milk. If you have cashew milk pre-made, just omit the cashew milk ingredients in the recipe. You can also substitute with almond milk, nut or seed milk or any you prefer or have on hand.
Once the cashews are done soaking, rinse well and drain. Add all of the ingredients except for the chia seeds to the blender, and blend until smooth. That is your strawberry milk. Now add the chia seeds, and blend on the low speed until the mixture thickens. Pour it into glasses, bowl, or the container of your choice, and put in the refrigerator from 2-3 hours to overnight. Top it with sliced strawberries, and dig in! I made strawberry roses for the picture.
Feel free to add any topping you like. My personal favorite is the combo of coconut flakes and hemp seeds. Yum!
So pretty!! And tastes just as good! If you like strawberries, you really gotta try this. By the way, if you guys would like to see a post on how to make the strawberry rose, please leave a comment.
- 1 cup cashew milk** or any other nut or seed milk
- 1½ cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ Tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup chia seeds
- **Cashew milk 1 cup worth
- ⅓ cup cashews
- 1 date
- 1 cup water
- Some sliced strawberries
- Some hemp seeds and coconut flakes (optional)
- Soak the cashews for 2-4 hours for the cashew milk. Rinse well and drain. If you have cashew milk pre-made, just omit the cashew milk ingredients in the recipe. You can also substitute with almond milk, nut or seed milk or any you prefer or have on hand.
- Put all of the ingredients except for the chia seeds into the blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add the chia seeds, and blend on the low speed until the mixture thickens.
- Pour it into glasses, a bowl, or the container of your choice, and put in the refrigerator from 2-3 hours to overnight until it gels like a pudding.
- Top it with sliced strawberries. Hemp seeds and coconut flakes also make great toppings.