I had key lime pie for the first time with my husband. It was a flavor sensation that I immediately fell in love with. I was thinking of the incredible key lime pie at one of our favorite restaurants, Sun Cafe in Studio City, CA when I thought about making a key lime pie bowl! This raw vegan key lime pie smoothie bowl makes a perfect breakfast or anything else you want. The combo of avocado, banana, and dates makes it quite filling too. A super healthy alternative to the regular key lime pie recipe. You get crunch from the granola, the sweet, tangy, and nutritious avocado custard smoothie, and the coconut whipped cream. Avocado as pie filling may not sound too appealing but try it before you knock it. You won’t be disappointed!
This is a smoothie bowl recipe, so you guessed it, all you have to do it blend all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Lay some granola in the bowl and pour the smoothie in. Top it with some more granola, coconut whipped cream, and coconut flakes, and there you have it! Who doesn’t want to start your day with this beautiful bowl? I know I do!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 large frozen banana
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup spinach (loosely packed)
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or to taste
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- A small handful of ice cubes
- ½ cup water or plant-based milk of your choice
- Some granola, coconut whipped cream, and coconut flakes for topping
- Blend all of the ingredients except for the toppings in a blender until smooth.
- Lay some granola in the bowl and pour the smoothie in.
- Top it with some more granola, coconut whipped cream, and coconut flakes.
Yum!!! I’ve been making this a few times now, mixing up the ingredients a little too. Thanks so much! You’re very clever ❤🍓
Thank you so much for your lovely comment! I’m so happy to hear you like this recipe! Thank YOU for your support!
An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers