I am not a big fan of eating plain almonds, but flavored almonds? I’d be the first in line! These raw vegan nacho almonds are a healthy snack, with the benefit of a tasty nacho flavor! A great on the go snack you can take anywhere. Best of all, it’s pretty simple to make! Actually, most everything I make is, lol.
Let’s get right into to it. Start by whipping up the nacho sauce. Add all the nacho ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Place the almonds into a bowl.
Pour in the nacho sauce and toss until all the almonds are evenly coated.
Line the dehydrator tray with a mesh sheet, then a silicone sheet. Lay out the almonds thinly and evenly. Place the tray in the dehydrator and dry at 115℉ for about 18 hours until it becomes completely dry.
If you don’t own a dehydrator you can use an oven. Though it won’t be raw, it will still be vegan and gluten-free. Preheat the oven to 250℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the almonds thinly. Bake for 1 hour and stir occasionally. Take out the baking sheet and slide out the parchment paper. Bake for another half to 1 hour. Stir every 10-15 minutes to prevent burning. Once the almonds feel and taste dry, they are done.
Tada! Homemade nacho almonds all for yourself. With my raw vegan pizza spiced almonds in your repertoire, you’ll never have to buy store bought flavored almonds again!
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 red pepper roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon chick pea miso (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1¼ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ Tablespoons maple syrup
- A pinch - ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper depending on how much heat you like
- ⅛ cup of water
- Place all the nacho sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the pre-soaked and dehydrated almonds into a separate bowl. If you are using an oven, you can use the almonds straight out of the bag.
- Mix in the nacho sauce and toss well until the almonds are evenly coated.
- Spread the almonds thinly and evenly on a silicone sheet over a mesh tray. Dry in the dehydrator at 115℉ for about 18 hours until the almonds are completely dry.
- For a conventional oven, preheat the oven to 250℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the almonds thin and evenly. Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Take out the baking sheet and slide out the parchment paper then bake for another half to 1 hour. Stir every 10-15 minutes to prevent burning. Once the almonds feel and taste dry, they are done.
[…] they are great for curving any hunger pangs. Rotate the flavors with my pizza spiced almonds and nacho spiced almonds and you are set! So tasty you won’t believe it’s healthy, my objective in all my recipe […]